Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hey Can I Tell You a Secret?

So, way back when it wasn't the summer yet and I felt a little stressed about my school load and finals and adult life and stuff I did that thing that you're not supposed to do where you're like, "once this thing happens I will be happier and not as stressed and whatever."

Comeuppance stinks. Because that thing that was going to make my life better was the start of summer. And while this summer has been pretty great, it's also been fairly stressful and just plain hard at times. 

I want to make myself clear. I have a great life. But even great lives have hard things. 

For an example, yesterday was not the best of days. My fire alarm went off (not that that's huge, it just really sucked and seemed like a big deal at the time and maybe that's weird, but it was kind of icing on the cake of crappy days, which I would imagine tastes nasty). 

And then yesterday I went swimming with some friends and it was really great! Also, my sister comes back from her LDS mission at the end of July and that's awesome because she is one of my very best friends and also because it looks like I get to spend about a week, maybe longer with my family who I haven't seen in a while. 

And I think I just really need a vacation from adult life for a bit. Maybe that sounds trivial and stupid, but whatever. 

Also, I really want to just sit on my mom's bed and play cards with my family. It's kind of our thing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun swimming with your friends. And I MISS playing cards and talking and laughing with you, too! You need that vacation and so do we! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete