Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Proof of the Need to Continually Try Again

So my New Year's Resolution was a thing. Remember how it's now May and I clearly haven't done my resolution at all? Yeah, so sorry. But it's summer, so I'll hopefully have more time and I'm back now!

I'm also not doing the book challenge thing because I'm actually doing a different thing. Don't worry, I'll save that idea for another time. It will be done! And also the new idea is still about books, so really there's no need to be sad at all.

The New Idea: My friend Becca and I have started a book club!

Want to join? Cool, I thought you would. Just read along and chat with your friends about it at a tea party.

This has been something I have wanted to do for years now. I have been indescribably jealous of old ladies' ability to organize and plan book clubs. But now it's finally happening!

We decided to start off slow, reading a book a month this summer and then when the school year starts again, we'll see what we can do.

The Plan:
May: Hamlet, William Shakespeare
June: The Book Thief, Markus Zusack
July: The Giver, Lois Lowry OR Jellicoe Road, Melina Marchetta OR something else entirely that I (hopefully) haven't read yet [still a work in progress]
August: The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment