Sunday, October 6, 2013

I'm Taking the Stairs From Now On

So this was a fun weekend.

I'm just going to copy a part of the email I sent to my sister and so if it doesn't really make sense, that's my bad, but today's been way too long for me to care enough to edit it.

"And now about my crazy and ridiculous weekend!! You have no idea.
Prepare yourself. So obviously conference was amazing (Bednar and
Holland and Uchtdorf and President Monson and basically the entire
morning session today and others that I'm forgetting, holy crap!), but
seriously this weekend has just been an emotional roller coaster. So
I'm on this spiritual high, but along with that 1) I didn't get to go
to SLC to watch conference in the conference center like I thought I
would. Clara, Michael, and Christine were going to come up and stay in
Logan Friday night and then we were all going to go down to watch it,
but Michael's mission reunion wasn't as close to Logan as they
originally thought, so it would have been too much out of the way. 2)
Like I said earlier, we lost the football game. It was
super depressing. And I'm even a fan of them (albeit less and less now,
I feel the blue running through my veins, I love it here so
much!). But Friday was my friend Bailey's birthday and she absolutely
hates that team and she loves football and so that wasn't fun for her. 3)
Saturday I locked myself out of my room. And CC was with her
sister for the weekend. I mean, I got back in just fine and fast and I
had a free lockout, so I didn't have to pay, but it's the principle of
the thing! And now for the grand finale 4) I GOT TRAPPED IN AN
ELEVATOR TODAY!!!! I bet you didn't prepare yourself for that.

Story time. So I went to the first session of conference at the church
building, but my friend Alex wanted to watch part
of conference to see what it was like and stuff, so I was really
excited and we were planning on watching the second session in the
basement of our dorms. The thing is, one of the two elevators in the
dorm has been broken for a little while and so we're standing there
waiting for it and the broken one dings and out comes Asian flower guy
(we've never seen him before, but he was Asian and had flowers), so
we're thinking that's cool, they fixed the elevator, right? WRONG.
You'd think that if Asian flower guy can go from the first floor to
the sixth floor we could go down more than half a floor, but no! It
stopped and wouldn't move! And, even better, the elevator phone
doesn't work! It was really freaky!! And it went down a little bit,
but then stopped again. So I called my friend Emilee who had gone to
the church building again and she and my other friend Kam drove back 
and she went to the office, but nobody's in there until five on Sundays 
which is dumb because you never know when somebody's going to get 
stuck in an elevator! So she looked up the number for the RA on call and 
told them we were stuck in there and they called the campus police and 
maintenance and it was crazy! I was saying like a million prayers in my 
head! And then the elevator maintenance guy got there and he was tinkering 
around and told us he had to go on top of the cart and that was probably 
the scariest part because from inside it sounded like he was pounding 
around and we just wanted to tell him to please step lightly and gently 
as we didn't feel like plunging down to our death. I'm sure he was 
being extremely careful and we probably should have had more faith 
in the strength of the cable thing holding the elevator up, but still! So the guy
eventually opens up a hatch thing in the ceiling and lowers a ladder
down and we had to climb up and get on top of the elevator car and
then go through the doors and out of the elevator shaft!! We were in
there for about an hour and fifteen minutes! It was seriously like a
movie. Totally insane!! And after we got out we both just wanted to
collapse on our beds. She ended up not watching conference with me
(which wasn't online yet anyway, so I haven't seen the evening session
yet) and just took a much needed nap, but still that really sucked. I
was talking to another friend about it later and we were all "This
round goes to you, Satan, but sucks to suck, we have plenty more
conferences for Alex to watch!" I was really shaky by the time I got
to my room and I called Mama and that was good and I asked Kam to give
me a blessing, just because I was still pretty shaken up, so I feel
loads better now. I'm just exhausted from such an up and down weekend!
I still can't believe that happened, though! It was ridiculous.

And there's really nothing else to say once you've told a story about
getting stuck in an elevator."

Oh wait! I know how to make this weekend even better! I just got written up for breaking the quiet hour rules when we weren't even being loud (and that's not me being biased, Daphne and her friend were studying in the study room literally ten steps from where I'm sitting and they said they couldn't hear us at all). Perfect! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote about your elevator story. That is one for posterity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! تركيب مصاعد

    ReplyDelete