Monday, July 7, 2014

You Are Not Your Luck

So, I'm a nerd. And while some people look at that as something ridiculous or silly or weird or whatever, in actuality being a nerd means that you are allowed (if not expected) to be unashamed about being enthusiastically happy about stuff and also life. Like, I can have a total freak out about Shakespeare and it's okay. I can read The Fault in Our Stars several times and still cry every time and that's okay. I can even geek out over clothes and football, which I love, although it seems contrary to nerdiness, but if I love it then it counts because I am a nerd.

I do have to admit that this whole idea is not really my own. I originally heard it from John and Hank Green, two of the nerdiest nerds to ever nerd. They have several things that they do, but one of them is Vlogbrothers, a vlog where they talk to each other (and nerdfighters) about a wide range of stuff. I love Vlogbrothers, which is my undeniable right as a nerd. So here is a video that makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment